Benefits of LED Lighting
LED lighting has endless advantages over the dated lighting systems of the past, .Amerikana Green Energy realizes all of these advantages and directs these benefits into all of our energy conservation projects. In all of our LED projects, Amerikana Green Energy only uses top-of-the-line products that are made in the USA. Amerikana Green Energy’s No Out of Pocket financing option and insured savings allow for anyone to be able to afford converting to LED lighting. LED is the future of our world’s lighting, and no company knows LED like Amerikana Green Energy.
- Uses 50-90% less energy than fluorescent and incandescent lighting
- Emits nearly zero heat which saves on cooling costs
- Each LED is inspected thoroughly to ensure color consistency
- Has a greater spectrum of light
- Emits zero UV rays which causes colors to fade
- Color Rendering is better than Fluorescent
- LED is extremely durable and can withstand abuse and vibration that other lighting systems
- Unlike fluorescents, LED can be turned on and off without diminishing it’s rated lifetime
- Sealed to prevent infiltration from water and dust
- Advancements in technology now provide an LED alternative to nearly every application
- Most LED fixtures simply swap out the existing lamp and use the same wiring
- LED contains zero mercury, lead, or phosphors
- You no longer need to worry about disposing of fluorescent lights
- Consumes less energy, which reduces the carbon footprint
Reduces Maintenance Costs
- Many LED luminaires last upwards of 100,000 hours which dramatically reduces maintenance
- and replacement costs
- Need to only be replaced every 20 years in most applications
- LED’s last even longer if they are kept at cooler temperatures
- Most LED’s have 5 year manufacturer warranties, but Amerikana Green Energy has the ability to
- extend those warranties to 7 to 10 years
- All of these benefits add up to savings of up to 90% on your lighting energy bill
- Maintenance costs are eliminated
- Allows your company to focus on its operations and frees up capital to expand business realizes all of these advantages and attempts to direct these benefits into all of our energy conservation projects. In all of our LED projects, Amerikana Green Energy only uses top-of-the-line products that are made in the USA. Amerikana Green Energy’s No Out of Pocket financing option and insured savings allow for anyone to be able to afford converting to LED lighting. LED is the future of our world’s lighting, and no company knows LED like Amerikana Green Energy
Top 10 Benefits of LED Lighting
1. Long Life:
Long life time stands out as the number one benefit of LED lights. LED bulbs and diodes have an outstanding operational life time expectation of up to 100.000 hours. This is 11 years of continuous operation, or 22 years of 50% operation.
LED’s are different to standard lighting: They don’t really burn out and stop working like a standard light, moreover the lighting diodes emit lower output levels over a very long period of time and become less bright.
2. Energy Efficiency
Today’s most efficient way of illumination and lighting, with an estimated energy efficiency of 80%-90% when compared to traditional lighting and conventional light bulbs. This means that about 80% of the electrical energy is converted to light, while a ca. 20% is lost and converted into other forms of energy such as heat.
With traditional incandescent light bulbs who operate at 20% energy efficiency only, a 80% of the electricity is lost as heat. Imagine the following scenario:
- If you use traditional lighting and have an electricity bill of $100, then $80 of that money has been used to heat the room, not to light it!
- Using LED illumination with 80% efficiency, the electricity costs would be around $20 and you’d have saved around $80.
- Because the long life span of LED lights, the savings in maintenance to purchase, stock and change the conventional light bulbs and significant energy savings when it comes to replacement due to the long operational life times of LED lighting.
3. Ecologically Friendly
LED lights are free of toxic chemicals. Most conventional fluorescent lighting bulbs contain a multitude of materials like e.g mercury that are dangerous for the environment.
LED lights contain no toxic materials and are 100% recyclable, and will help you to reduce your carbon footprint by up to a third. The long operational life time span mentioned above means also that one LED light bulb can save material and production of 25 incandescent light bulbs. A big step towards a greener future!
4. Durable Quality
LEDs are extremely durable and built with sturdy components that are highly rugged and can withstand even the roughest conditions.
Because LED lights are resistant to shock, vibrations and external impacts, they make great outdoor lighting systems for rough conditions and exposure to weather, wind, rain or even external vandalism, traffic related public exposure and construction or manufacturing sites.
5. Zero UV Emissions
LED illumination produces little infrared light and close to no UV emissions.
Because of this, LED lighting is highly suitable not only for goods and materials that are sensitive to heat due to the benefit of little radiated heat emission, but also for illumination of UV sensitive objects or materials as in museums, art galleries, archaeological sites.
6. Design Flexibility
LEDs can be combined in any shape to produce highly efficient illumination. Individual LEDs can be dimmed, resulting in a dynamic control of light, color and distribution. Well-designed LED illumination systems can achieve fantastic lighting effects, not only for the eye but also for the mood and the mind:
LED mood illumination is already being used in airplanes, classrooms and many more locations and we can expect to see a lot more LED mood illumination in our daily lives within the next few years.
7. Operational in Extremely Cold or Hot Temperatures
LED are ideal for operation under cold and low outdoor temperature settings. For fluorescent lamps, low temperatures may affect operation and present a challenge, but LED illumination operates well also in cold settings, such as for outdoor winter settings, freezer rooms etc.
8. Light Disbursement
LED is designed to focus its light and can be directed to a specific location without the use of an external reflector, achieving a higher application efficiency than conventional lighting. Well-designed LED illumination systems are able to deliver light more efficiently to the desired location.
9. Instant Lighting & Frequent Switching
LED lights turn on immediately, which has great advantages for infrastructure projects such as traffic and signal lights.
Also, LED lights can switched off and on frequently and without affecting the LED’s lifetime or light emission. In contrast, traditional lighting may take several seconds to reach full brightness, and frequent on/off switching does drastically reduce operational life expectancy.
A low-voltage power supply is sufficient for LED illumination. This makes it easy to use LED lighting also in outdoor settings, by connecting an external solar-energy source and is a big advantage when it comes to using LED technology in remote or rural areas.